If you want to be able to use MiChat on your desktop or laptop computer (Windows or PC), you’ll have to get your computer set up with what we can an Android Emulator. Once you have an emulator installed, you’ll be able to download MiChat for Windows PC or Mac and start using it within minutes.
MiChat – Free Chats & Meet New People (pronounced “My-Chat”) is a free messaging app, and a solid alternative to Whatsapp, WeChat, Vibe, and others. With MiChat, you can:
- send and receive messages to individual and groups
- send text, photo, and video messages
- meet new people with the “People nearby” and Message in a Bottle” functions
- take photos and share them with friends
- join chatrooms
- group chats
- ability to send high quality photos (without compression that makes photos look pixelated and terrible)
- add friends with QR code
- option to add “friend verification” to avoid messages from strangers you don’t want to talk to, spammers, or people who just want to sell you something
How to use MiChat on a desktop or laptop computer?
MiChat is currently an app (available for Android and iOS) that is not compatible with a desktop computer. Therefore, we will use an Android Emulator. See also, What is an Android Emulator?
The hardest part in all of this set up is choosing your Android Emulator. There are several high quality (and FREE) options for emulators out on the market today. If you are a beginner, we recommend Bluestacks emulator, or LDPlayer. See also, LDPlayer vs Bluestacks: Emulator Features Comparison
After you have decided which emulator you want to use, here are the steps:
- Download the free emulator you want to use to your desktop or laptop computer
- Install the emulator on your computer
- Open the emulator
- Inside the emulator, navigate to the Google Play Store and download MiChat
- Open MiChat in the emulator
- Use MiChat
And that’s it. Please note, MiChat is available for download from the Apple App Store, but if you are using an Android Emulator in this method, you need to make sure to get the android version of MiChat to be compatible with your chosen emulator.
MiChat is a popular app with 10,000,000+ installs around the world. It is rated 4.3 out of 5 stars on Google Play Store, and is rated Mature 17+.
What do you think of MiChat? Let us know what you think in the comments.