Odin is a tool developed by Samsung for its Android devices. It allow users to flash official or stock firmware on their Samsung devices. Odin is quite a small program, but it does the wonders.
With Odin, you can update your Samsung Android smartphone or tablet to latest available official firmware manually.
Odin 3.12.3 Version
Officially Samsung Odin is compatible with Windows devices. It is very light program and occupies very small space on your laptop or desktop Windows PC.
Samsung regularly updates ODin tool to make it compatible with latest Android version. In order to flash latest Android firmware on Samsung devices, you will need related Odin version.
Odin 3.12.3 is the latest version of Odin that is currently available. It supports Android 8.1 Oreo firmware.
Download Odin for Windows
- Download Odin 3.12.3 for Windows 7/8/10
How to Use Odin to Update Samsung Devices
To use Odin to flash official firmware on your Samsung device, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest Odin version for Windows and install it.
- Right click on its desktop icon and Run it as Admin.
- Now make sure your Samsung device is in downloaded mode.
- Once it is there, connect it to Odin.
- Now you are ready to flash the official firmware on your Samsung device using Odin.