If you have a desktop computer, then chances are quite high that LAN hardware on your system motherboard is powered by Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. On this page, you will find the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers package for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 for RTL8111B, RTL8168B, RTL111D, RTL8111, RTL8168, RTL8411, and RTL8111GUS chips.
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller LAN Drivers
You may download the update Realtek network drivers for your operating system using the direct download links below. For installation, refer to the detailed instructions.
Realtek Drivers Download Link for Windows 7
Realtek Drivers Download Link for Windows 8/8.1
Realtek Drivers Download Link for Windows 10
How to Install Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Drivers
When you are done with downloading the right driver package for your operating system, it is time to properly install it because that’s when you would be able to enjoy the internet connectivity. The installation procedure varies according to the operating system, so for your convenience, we are mentioning steps for each one.
Installation Steps for Windows 7
- Double click on the downloaded.exe file to begin the installation.
- When asked for rights, click on “Yes”. Select language and country to proceed with the installation.
- Click on “Next” at “Welcome to Realtek PCIe GBE …” Read software agreements and agree.
- Once the installation is completed, click on Finish and proceed with restarting your computer.
Installation Steps for Windows 8/8.1/10
- Launch the installer driver package that you have downloaded for Windows 10.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer after installation is completed.
Fix Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Not Working
In case you encounter errors even after installation of Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers for your operating system, then chances you may not have either installed the correct version of drivers or there may be a conflict between the drivers that result from the installation of two driver packages.
Either way, the problem can be easily solved by opting for any of the solutions below.
Method # 1: Restart your Computer to Safe mode
Mostly, this problem arises due to the conflict between Windows and hardware and it can be easily solved by restarting your computer. We recommend to boot your Windows to safe mode, do nothing there and restart it again to normal mode. This will resolve the issue if it was just due to small hardware/software conflict.
Method # 2: Re-Install Drivers Manually
If by any chance the above method does not work out on your desktop computer or laptop, then you need to try your luck by manually re-installing the drivers again. However, before you proceed with re-installation, make sure you delete the previously installed drivers. To do so, follow the steps:
- Go to Device Manager on your computer.
- Under network adapters, look for “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Adapter” and right click on it. Select delete drivers options.
Once you are done with uninstalling the drivers, re-install them again on your Windows computer using the compatible driver file for your computer.
Fix Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disconnected from Network
Most users have reported that their internet stops working occasionally and an error that states “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disconnected from network” pops up. This is yet another issue and the main reason for this is non-compatibility of Realtek drivers with the latest Windows update that you have installed.
To fix this problem, you need to update the drivers using steps below:
- Right click on “My Computer” in Windows 7 or “This PC” in Windows 8 or 10.
- Click on “Manage”. Go “Device Manager” and there look for “Network Adapters”.
- Right click on “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Adapter” and select “Update Driver software” option.
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and wait till the process is finished.
- Once it is done, restart your computer.
Hopefully, this will resolve the problem of Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disconnected from the network on your Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 computer.
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Speed
Normally, the speed that Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller can offer depends on your internet. However, it can support up to 1000MB/s speed.