Security is of utmost importance in our lives. Because of this reason, lots of people install IP cameras and DVR for the protection of their homes and properties. After installation, a good monitoring tool is very important for checking the progress of installed IP Cameras.
XMEye is such an app that provides all in one solution to monitor the video of your installed cameras and DVR. Though XMEye is an Android/iOS app, with a little workaround, it can be installed on Windows PCs, Macs and laptops.
Download XMEye for PC
In order to install and use Android apps/Games on Windows PC, you need to have an Android emulator installed. This is the easiest method.
There are lot of Android emulators available for both Windows and Macs. Below we have covered steps for each OS incl. Windows and Mac regarding installation of XMEye. (see also What is an Android Emulator?)
XMEye for Windows
If you own Windows desktop or laptop, then follow the below steps to install XMEye for PC:
- Download Android emulator for your PC. Check out our list of best Android emulators for Windows.
- Launch the emulator.
- Download XMEye for PC .apk file and place it on your desktop.
- Drag and drop the apk file inside Bluestacks.
- Follow on-screen instructions to start the installation process.
- Once installation is completed, launch XMEye from within the emulator.
XMEye for Mac
For installation of XMEye for Mac on iMac, Macbook Pro or Air, follow the steps below:
- Download any Android emulator which is available for mac operating system. Check out our list of best Android emulators for Mac.
- Install your favorite emulator from its file.
- Launch the emulator like any other app you launch on your Mac.
- Now utilize the built-in search option of emulator. Search for XMEye there and proceed with its installation.
- When installation is completed, you will be able to launch XMEye for Mac from within the emulator.
XMEye can be installed on Android devices including phones and tablets from Play Store.
How to Use XMEye for PC
In order to launch XMEye for PC after installation, you will need to launch your emulator (such as Bluestacks) first. Search for XMEye icon there and then configure it with your installed DVR/IP Cameras.
Please note that currently, XMEye supports a handful of CCTV cameras. It is important to have the serial number of your CCTV camera before you can be able to successfully pair it with XMEye app on your computer.
Secondly, you need to have cloud storage in order to store your video imagery, which would normally require 300 MB per hour per camera, so keep that in mind as well.